- Prospective Students
- Academic Programs
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Care & Counseling
- Master of Arts in Religious Education
- Master of Arts in Religious Leadership and Administration
- Master of Arts in Youth Ministry
- Master of Professional Studies
- Doctor of Ministry
- Certificate Program in Ministry and Leadership
- Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE)
- CASAC Program
- Vocational Discernment
- International Students
- Applications & Forms
- Financial Aid
- Tuition & Fees
- Scholarships & Awards
- Visit NYTS
- Academic Programs
- Current Students
- Academic Resources
- Contact NYTS
- Give to NYTS
New York Theological Seminary (NYTS) is looking for a Director of Information and Telecommunication Services (DITS). The Director is responsible for managing the Seminary’s information system, which includes its LAN systems, business database, time management system, cloud email hosting, remote student records database system, user desktop support, and Cisco VOIP security system.
The successful candidate will be required to oversee and ensure the general health and maintenance of NYTS IT infrastructure. This includes servers, desktop computers and notebooks, operating systems, network storage devices, tapes, network hubs, routers, switches and other related components of communications equipment. The candidate will be expected to have hands-on involvement in daily monitoring of the system, systems-maintenance and upgrade tasks, disaster recovery, and troubleshooting and resolution of problems and issues involving office IT infrastructure. The DITS also oversees and ensures the general health of all software applications and data infrastructure. This includes software and firmware updates and patching, monitoring to ensure that the storage volumes have adequate space to accommodate data growth, and troubleshooting and resolution of problems and issues involving system applications. The Seminary’s software systems include Blackbaud Financial Edge and Raisers Edge for Non Profits, and Campus Anywhere for student records. The Director coordinates with the office of telephone communication services in The Interchurch Center (where the Seminary’s administrative offices are located), which manages the Seminary’s telephone system. The DITS is responsible for IT budget, purchasing system equipment, and reviewing, approving, and overseeing vendor service agreement contracts.
- BA/BS in Computer Science experience or related certifications
- Strong Experience in Active Directory, Security, Anti-Virus and Anti Spyware Applications
- Experience configuring PCs and Notebooks to work in a LAN environment.
- At least 1 years’ experience in VMware 4.1 and Citrix Xenapp Server version 5/6.5
- Operating experience with domain security, DHCP, DNS
- Must have advanced knowledge of and experience with the following: Windows 2003/2008, Windows 7 Enterprise Edition, VMware, IIS, TCP/IP application protocols, SMS, Cisco, HP and Netgear Firewalls infrastructure, SQL Server 2005/ 2008, Windows Server 2003/2008 Enterprise Server
New York Theological Seminary provides theological education for leaders of churches and other religious communities throughout the New York region and increasingly in other regions of the world. NYTS does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information see the Seminary’s web page at http://www.nyts.edu. Apply with a resume and cover letter to Gemma Barrow at email@example.com or by regular mail to NYTS, 475 Riverside Drive, Suite 500, New York, NY 10115. Interviews will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.