- Prospective Students
- Academic Programs
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Care & Counseling
- Master of Arts in Religious Education
- Master of Arts in Youth Ministry
- Master of Arts in Religious Leadership and Administration
- Master of Professional Studies
- Doctor of Ministry
- Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE)
- Certificate in Christian Ministry
- Certificate Program in Islamic Studies
- Certificate Program in Ministry and Leadership
- Certificate Program in Convergence Studies
- Certificate Program in Radical Inclusion Studies
- CASAC Program
- Vocational Discernment
- International Students
- Applications & Forms
- Financial Aid
- Tuition & Fees
- Scholarships & Awards
- Visit NYTS
- Academic Programs
- Current Students
- Academic Resources
- Contact NYTS
- Give to NYTS
On Sunday December 16, 2012, at 3:00 p.m., the Rev. Dr. Alfred Correa, a chaplain who works with youth in the state prison system, will be ordained pastor of the The Reformed Church of Huguenot Park, where he has served for nearly four years.
Rev. Correa developed the first Youth Chaplaincy Certification Program in the country as part of his doctoral dissertation as he completed his doctorate at the NEW YORK THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY in 2010. He developed the training program for chaplains to deal with some of the many challenges faced by youth, including drug addiction, abandonment, gang culture, mental health and LGBT.
Prior to Huguenot Park, Rev. Correa served in the Sanctuary Church in the Bronx. Born and raised a Roman Catholic in Manhattan, “when I was young I made some bad choices, but as I got older took a different turn for the best” he said, explaining that as a young adult he pursued academic training to become a minister.He was ordained in 1995 at Sanctuary Church, where he served until becoming involved at Huguenot Park.Rev. Correa’s ordination ceremony is set for 3 p.m. in the church at 5475 Amboy Rd. The regular Sunday service time is 10:30 a.m.
For additional information, call 718-356-3737.
For more information, click on the link for the news site Staten Island Live (silive.com): http://www.silive.com/worship/2012/12/staten_islands_reformed_church.html