- Prospective Students
- Degree Programs
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Care & Counseling
- Master of Arts in Religious Education
- Master of Arts in Youth Ministry
- Master of Arts in Religious Leadership and Administration
- Master of Professional Studies
- Doctor of Ministry
- Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE)
- Certificate in Christian Ministry
- Vocational Discernment
- International Students
- Applications & Forms
- Financial Aid
- Tuition & Fees
- Scholarships & Awards
- Visit NYTS
- Degree Programs
- Current Students
- Academic Resources
- Contact NYTS
- Give to NYTS
REGIONAL HOSPICE and HOME CARE OF WESTERN CONNECTICUT
Job Title: Associate Chaplain
20 Hours/Week. Salary Commensurate with Experience.
- Graduate of an accredited (ATS) seminary or school of theology with a Master’s of Divinity Degree, –Doctorate, or an equivalent.
- Ordination or commission to function in a ministry of pastoral care, the endorsement of and good standing in his/her body of faith is strongly preferred but not required.
- Previous experience with hospice programs, counseling of patients and families involved with terminal illness, and bereavement issues preferred.
- A minimum of two units of CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education) or an equivalent counseling training is required.
- A car and valid driver’s license.
- Computer literate.
- Supports patient, family, and/or caregivers directly and indirectly throughout terminal illness, death process, and, when appropriate, in the bereavement process.
- Coordinates, monitors and documents ongoing patient/family pastoral and spiritual care.
- Assists/facilitates in development of patient, family, and caregiver plan of care.
- Contacts/coordinates with communities’ religious care providers to assist in caring for the patient, family, and caregiver as needed.
- Tracks and maintains required documentation for patients, families, groups, and community services,
- Completes spiritual assessment and plan of care.
- Participates in in-service activities for contracted facilities and community education.
- Represents Regional Hospice in the community, including communication and coordination with local clergy and chaplains.
- May perform funerals or memorial services for families of Regional Hospice patients.
For more information, please contact:
Samuel Dexter MDiv , LCSW
Manager of Spiritual Care
Regional Hospice and Home Care of Western CT
39 Old Ridgebury Road, Danbury, CT 06810
P: (203) 702-7406 |Email:SDexter@RegionalHospiceCT.org