- Prospective Students
- Academic Programs
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Care & Counseling
- Master of Arts in Religious Education
- Master of Arts in Religious Leadership and Administration
- Master of Arts in Youth Ministry
- Master of Professional Studies
- Doctor of Ministry
- Certificate Program in Ministry and Leadership
- Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE)
- CASAC Program
- Vocational Discernment
- International Students
- Applications & Forms
- Financial Aid
- Tuition & Fees
- Scholarships & Awards
- Visit NYTS
- Academic Programs
- Current Students
- Academic Resources
- Contact NYTS
- Give to NYTS
Program Supervisor 11th & 12th Grade
The Fiver Children’s Foundation is a comprehensive youth development organization that makes a 10-year commitment to children from underserved communities throughout New York City and central New York. Through character-building summer and year-round out-of-school time programs, Fiver empowers children to make ethical and healthy decisions, to become engaged citizens, and to succeed in school, careers, and life.
Fiver is seeking a Program Supervisor to work directly with Fiver children and families and to supervise and implement new and existing programs. This position reports to the Program Director. Fiver employees are team players, dedicated to the Fiver mission and share a passion for serving children.
- Meet with Fiver 11th and 12th grade participants to provide guidance, support and referrals
- Coordinate programs for Fiver’s High School Students
- Programs include: health, career readiness, healthy decision making, arts education, civic responsibility and leadership development.
- Coordinate and facilitate Fiver’s College Access Program
- Areas include: college selection, college trips, completing applications, financial aid, discussions on college life, writing personal statement, creating an activities transcript and scholarship applications.
- Plan overnight and day college trips for Fiver participants
- Logistics include: transportation, housing, food, tours, curriculum, and budget.
- Coordinate and facilitate week long internship program during the school breaks
- Implement Alumni Support Programming
- Program areas include: reunions, workshops and individual support
- Update and make additions to all existing curriculum areas as needed.
- Meet with school counselors, parents, college representatives and community organization representatives to coordinate services
- Fulfill minimum number of assigned meetings with Fiver participants as assigned by supervisor
- Travel throughout New York City to meet with participants, schools and other Fiver partners
- Work evening and/or weekend hours as programs and counseling requires
- Assist in planning of annual Fiver events (Family events, School Breaks, Community Service, etc)
- Take initiative in suggesting program improvements to meet the needs of Fiver participants
- Document all meetings with Fiver participants and other parties in a timely manner.
- Document all attendance, individual participant notes and program overviews/reflections.
- Assist with data collection and management as needed to assist in evaluation of the Fiver program
Passion for serving children and for carrying out the Fiver mission
Knowledge of and experience with the College Application process (including Common Application, FAFSA, Personal Statements, etc.)
Direct service experience with children
Strong written and verbal skills
Advanced computer knowledge
Program management experience
How To Apply
Send cover letter & resume to:
*Note, your application will not be reviewed if you do not include a cover letter with your submission*
- Entry level
Minimum Education Required
- 4-year degree