- Prospective Students
- Academic Programs
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Care & Counseling
- Master of Arts in Religious Education
- Master of Arts in Religious Leadership and Administration
- Master of Arts in Youth Ministry
- Master of Professional Studies
- Doctor of Ministry
- Certificate Program in Ministry and Leadership
- Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE)
- CASAC Program
- Vocational Discernment
- International Students
- Applications & Forms
- Financial Aid
- Tuition & Fees
- Scholarships & Awards
- Visit NYTS
- Academic Programs
- Current Students
- Academic Resources
- Contact NYTS
- Give to NYTS
MASTER’S PROGRAM FALL 2017 RETREAT INFORMATION
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 8 at 5:00 P.M. THROUGH
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2017 at 3:00 P.M.
Attendance throughout the entire retreat is required! Overnight stay is optional.
Stony Point Center
17 Crickettown Road Stony Point
For more information about Stony Point Center visit: stonypointcenter.org
YOU MUST REGISTER AT: http://stonypointcenter.org/nytsfall2017-reg
SIGN IN AND ROOM ASSIGNMENTS ON FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER from 3:00 P.M. – 8:00 P.M. Dinner is at 6:00 P.M. (Registration closes for dinner and will re-open at 7:00 P.M.)
CHECK-OUT TIME SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 9 at 10:00 a.m. Returning the key to the front desk at the end of your stay will complete the check-out process.
- You MUST sign the attendance sheet by 8:00 P.M. on Friday evening and by 9:30 A.M. on Saturday morning.
- Any student who will not be able to sign in by 8:00 P.M. on Friday and 9:30 A.M. on Saturday, or must leave early on Saturday afternoon must have a valid reason and request permission in writing from the Academic Dean: email@example.com
- All students must register for the retreat when they register for their Fall Semester courses. Those students registering for their courses online must also register separately for the retreat (follow instructions on separate posting about this in Moodle)
- Overnight accommodations are available by reservation only for MA/MDiv students, NO guests, children or spouses/partners allowed. Rooms are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis upon arrival and no later than 8:00 P.M. on Friday night. If you are requesting a particular roommate, you must arrive together-no spaces will be held.
- Linens and towels are provided. Please bring personal items for an overnight stay. Community bathrooms are available on each floor.
- We do not have sufficient beds for the entire student body to stay overnight at Stony Point. If you live within commuting distance and are willing to do so, please commute, but join us for all meals.
- NOTE: You are responsible for your own transportation. If you have room in your car for other passengers, please let your classmates know. There is limited space available for a fee on a bus leaving from the Interchurch Center on Friday. To make a reservation and for more information contact Ms. Jennifer Parris at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be able to provide roundtrip transportation to 26 students. The cost is $42 (NON REFUNDABLE) round trip payable at the time of reservation (cash or money order ONLY – NO CREDIT CARDS OR CHECKS).
Please make your reservation and payment by coming to the Office of the Academic Dean.
Reservations must be made IN PERSON with Jennifer Parris in the Academic Dean’s Office.
Please email Jennifer Parris at email@example.com if you have questions.
Bus departs on Friday, September 8, 2017 at 3:00 P.M. sharp from the main entrance of The Interchurch Center, at 61 Claremont Avenue, New York, NY 10115 (between 119th and 120th Street).
Bus returns on Saturday, September 9, 2017 (around 3-3:30PM) from Stony Point Center to 61 Claremont Avenue immediately after the Closing Worship.
For more information about Retreat email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Bus: Take Red and Tan Lines from New York City Port Authority Terminal at 41st Street and Eighth Avenue. Ticket must be purchased before boarding bus. Call Stony Point Center before you travel to let them know what time your bus is arriving so they may send someone to pick you up (845-786-5674 or 800-253-4285).
For travel on Friday: Buy ticket to Stony Point. Get off at Stony Point Diner parking lot.
On Saturday: Buy ticket to West Haverstraw. Get off at Dunkin’ Donuts.
From New York City: Cross the George Washington Bridge (upper level), take the PALISADES PARKWAY NORTH to Exit 15, then follow the directions below “From the Palisades Parkway Exit 15.”
Travel time from New York City can be as little as 45 minutes, depending on traffic and point of origin. We recommend allowing a full hour; or an hour and a half to two hours in rush hour traffic.
From the North: Take the New York State Thruway (I-87) South to Exit 16 (Harriman), go East on Route 6 (the first exit after the toll gate, left onto 32, then left onto Route 6 East) to the PALISADES PARKWAY SOUTH to Exit 15. Then follow the directions below “From the Palisades Parkway Exit 15.”
From the South: Take the New Jersey Turnpike (I-95) North to the PALISADES PARKWAY NORTH to Exit 15, OR take the Garden State Parkway onto the New York State Thruway (I-87) toward the Tappan Zee Bridge. Take Exit 13N onto the PALISADES PARKWAY NORTH to Exit 15. Then follow the directions below “From the Palisades Parkway Exit 15.”
From the East: Take I-95 South onto I-287, cross the Tappan Zee Bridge, take exit 13N onto the PALISADES PARKWAY NORTH to Exit 15. Then follow the directions below “From the Palisades Parkway Exit 15.”
From the West: Take I-80 East to I-287 onto the New York State Thruway (I-87) toward the Tappan Zee Bridge. Take Exit 13N onto the PALISADES PARKWAY NORTH to Exit 15, then follow the directions below “From the Palisades Parkway Exit 15.”
From the Palisades Parkway Exit 15: Follow the arrow for Stony Point; drive 2 miles on Route 210 (also called RC 106 East) to the traffic light. Turn left onto Reservoir Drive. Turn right at stop sign; take your first left onto Cricketown Road; drive about 200 yards. Entrance to Stony Point Center is on the left.