- Prospective Students
- Academic Programs
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Care & Counseling
- Master of Arts in Religious Education
- Master of Arts in Religious Leadership and Administration
- Master of Arts in Youth Ministry
- Master of Professional Studies
- Doctor of Ministry
- Certificate Program in Ministry and Leadership
- Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE)
- CASAC Program
- Vocational Discernment
- International Students
- Applications & Forms
- Financial Aid
- Tuition & Fees
- Scholarships & Awards
- Visit NYTS
- Academic Programs
- Current Students
- Academic Resources
- Contact NYTS
- Give to NYTS
The Rev. Marvin Arno Schilling (STB 1937) died peacefully in the evening of Sept. 22, 2017, in his Capital Lakes residence in Madison, Wisconsin, just two weeks after a joyous celebration of his 106th birthday. This year he celebrated the 80th Anniversary of his graduation from NYTS in 1937. Born on Sept. 8, 1911, he was a devout Christian and committed servant of the United Methodist Church throughout his life.
A Celebration of Life will be held at 2:30 p.m. at Trinity United Methodist Church, 308 Oneida St., Beaver Dam, on Friday, Nov. 24. There will be a visitation prior from 1 until 2 p.m. with a Masonic Service to begin 2 p.m., and then immediately followed by the Celebration of Life at 2:30 p.m. Burial of his ashes will be at the Bethel Methodist Cemetery, Kiel, on Saturday, Nov. 25, at 2:30 p.m.
Contributions in his memory can be made to:
- Trinity Methodist Church, 308 Oneida St., Beaver Dam, Wisconsin, 53916;
- The Carter Center, 453 Freedom Pkwy NE, Atlanta, Geogia, 30307
- New York Theological Seminary, 475 Riverside Dr., Suite 500, New York, New York, 1015
The Koepsell-Murray Funeral Home in Beaver Dam is serving the family. Online condolences may be made at www.koepsellfh.com.
His full obituary can be found online HERE.
Video of his 106th Birthday Celebration can be found HERE. NYTS was grateful to have been a part of Rev. Schilling’s last birthday celebration.