- Prospective Students
- Academic Programs
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Care & Counseling
- Master of Arts in Religious Education
- Master of Arts in Religious Leadership and Administration
- Master of Arts in Youth Ministry
- Master of Professional Studies
- Doctor of Ministry
- Certificate Program in Ministry and Leadership
- Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE)
- Vocational Discernment
- International Students
- Applications & Forms
- Financial Aid
- Tuition & Fees
- Scholarships & Awards
- Visit NYTS
- Academic Programs
- Current Students
- Academic Resources
- Contact NYTS
- Give to NYTS
Due to a plumbing emergency, the venue of the Certificate Program Retreat
this Saturday, January 20, 2018 has been changed. The new location is:
First UMC of Hollis
91-31 191 Street
Hollis, NY 11423
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Additional Information can be found on MOODLE
The Spring Retreat is rapidly approaching, and a wonderful program is planned for Saturday, January 20, 2018 at First UMC of Hollis, 91-31 191 Street, Hollis, NY 11423 closing with Holy Communion. This is a time for us to come together as one, to be re-energized with uplifting worship and insightful message and to support one-another in koinonia after a very challenging year in many areas of our lives.
- Please be reminded that attendance at retreats is REQUIRED for all students who are enrolled in the onsite program. ALL students are required to attend and remain until the program is over. The Retreat is a vital part of the curriculum. Your attendance to the retreat will be recorded into your transcript as Pass (if you attend) or No Credit (if you do not attend). It is of the utmost importance that you make the necessary arrangements to be present at this retreat.
- If for some reason you will not be able to attend you will be required to submit a 3-5-page paper on the topic of the retreat, to the Director no later than Apr. 30th. Failure to submit the paper will result in the student not receiving his/her grades until the paper is submitted.
- The retreat begins at 8 am with continental breakfast. Student is responsible for $15.00 CASH Retreat Seminar Fee payable at the door to offset the cost light breakfast and lunch.
- Please be advised that College of New Rochelle, Suny Old Westbury and Pillar Colleges will be at the retreat for those who would like to continue their academic studies at the Bachelor level.
- Ballfour the ring company as well as Blessed Moments, the photo company will be on premises. Bring your credit card/check or cash should you take the graduation picture and or order your graduation ring in advance. A graduation Exit Interview will be conducted to those candidates for graduation.
Students from the following campuses will be leading the Worship and Praise section in the afternoon Service.
|1:30 PM – 2:00 PM||New York (Eng.)|
|NY site @ Riverside (Spa.)|
|Communion Service: 3:00 PM||Serving Communion Bronx @ First Union BC|
Directions to First United Methodist Church of Hollis
91-31 191 Street, Hollis, NY 11423
Coming from Springfield area:
Take the Q3 from Farmers Blvd./ Bennett Ct. going towards 165th Street Terminal.
Get off at Woodhull Ave/ 190th Street.
Walk along Woodhull towards 191st Street and turn left.
First Hollis is on the right hand side of the street.
Coming from Jamaica Center the E/J/Z train:
Take the Q3 from Jamaica Ave/ 160th Street going towards Belmont Park/ Hempstead Ave.
Get off at Jamaica Ave/ 190th Street.
Walk towards 191st Street and make a right.
First Hollis is on the left hand side of the street.
Coming by LIRR
Take the Hempstead train to the Hollis stop. Make sure you are in the first three cars of the train. After coming down the stairs go left. At the corner of Woodhull make a left turn and two blocks to 191st Street. Cross Woodhull, First Hollis is on the right.
Coming from Jamaica Station:
Take the Q43 from Archer Ave/Sutphin Blvd. towards Hillside Ave/267th Street. Get off at Hillside Ave & 191st Street, make a right on 191st Street and walk down 191st towards Jamaica Avenue. When you cross Jamaica Avenue First Hollis will be on the left hand side of the street.
Coming from Parsons Blvd & Jamaica:
Take the Belmont Park 225th St via Jamaica Ave bound Q110 bus to Jamaica & 190th Street. Walk towards 191st Street and make a right. First Hollis is on the left hand side of the street.
Coming from the Bronx:
Take the Throggs Neck Bridge to the Clearview Expressway to the end, which is Hillside Ave. Make a right onto Hillside Ave. Continue on Hillside Ave. to 191st Street. Make a left onto 191st and continue across Jamaica Avenue. First Hollis will be on the left hand side of the street. or
Coming from Manhattan:
Take the Triboro Bridge to Grand Central Parkway East to Francis Lewis Blvd. Make a right onto Francis Lewis Blvd. Continue on Francis Lewis to Jamaica Avenue. Make a right on Jamaica Avenue. Continue to 191st Street, make a left onto 191st Street. First Hollis will be on the left hand side of the street.
Looking forward to seeing you there; any questions please call Dr. Lucy Cano at 212-870-1232.
May the Lord Bless you abundantly!