- Prospective Students
- Academic Programs
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Care & Counseling
- Master of Arts in Religious Education
- Master of Arts in Religious Leadership and Administration
- Master of Arts in Youth Ministry
- Master of Professional Studies
- Doctor of Ministry
- Certificate Program in Ministry and Leadership
- Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE)
- Vocational Discernment
- International Students
- Applications & Forms
- Financial Aid
- Tuition & Fees
- Scholarships & Awards
- Visit NYTS
- Academic Programs
- Current Students
- Academic Resources
- Contact NYTS
- Give to NYTS
MASTER’S PROGRAM SPRING 2019 RETREAT INFORMATION
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 8, 2019 at 5:00 P.M. THROUGH
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 9, 2019 at 3:00 P.M.
Attendance throughout the entire retreat is required! Overnight stay is optional.
Stony Point Center
17 Crickettown Road Stony Point
For more information about Stony Point Center visit: stonypointcenter.org
YOU MUST REGISTER AT: www.stonypointcenter.org/
When registering online, please make sure to fill out the ENTIRE form. Please include all contact info, and indicate if you will be staying overnight or commuting to and from retreat. Also, please include any allergies or dietary specifications you have.
SIGN IN AND ROOM ASSIGNMENTS ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 8 from 3:00 P.M. – 8:00 P.M. Dinner is at 5:30 P.M. (Registration closes for dinner and will re-open at 7:00 P.M.) If you arrive after 8pm, you will need to check in at the Front Desk of Stony Point Center.
CHECK-OUT TIME SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 9 at 10:00 a.m. Returning the key to the front desk at the end of your stay will complete the check-out process.
- You MUST sign the attendance sheet by 8:00 P.M. on Friday evening and by 9:30 A.M. on Saturday morning.
- Any student who will not be able to sign in by 8:00 P.M. on Friday and 9:30 A.M. on Saturday, or must leave early on Saturday afternoon must have a valid reason and request permission in writing from Executive Administrator for Academic Affairs, Lillian Rodriguez: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All students must register for the retreat when they register for their Spring Semester courses. Those students registering for their courses online must also register separately for the retreat (follow instructions on separate posting about this in Moodle)
- Overnight accommodations are available by reservation only for MA/MDiv students, NO guests, children or spouses/partners allowed. Rooms are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis upon arrival and no later than 8:00 P.M. on Friday night. If you are requesting a particular roommate, you must arrive together-no spaces will be held.
- Linens and towels are provided. Please bring personal items for an overnight stay. Community bathrooms are available on each floor.
- We do not have sufficient beds for the entire student body to stay overnight at Stony Point. If you live within commuting distance and are willing to do so, please commute, but join us for all meals.
- NOTE: You are responsible for your own transportation. Please talk to your classmates! They may be happy to drive you to retreat. If you are driving to retreat and you are willing to take some of your classmates with you, please let your classmates know and feel free to contact Ms. Jennifer Parris at email@example.com, and the information will be passed forward.
- If you do not have means of transportation to the retreat, there is a bus that departs daily from the PORT AUTHORITY to Stony Point. Please refer to the information from the Stony Point Center Website: https://stonypointcenter.org/
getting-here/transportation- bus. Additionally, please complete the online transportation form, IF you are using public transportation: https://stonypointcenter.org/ getting-here/transportation- request/view/for
We will be able to provide roundtrip transportation to a limited number of students. The cost is $45 (NON REFUNDABLE) round trip payable at the time of reservation (cash or money order ONLY – NO CREDIT CARDS OR CHECKS). When you make payment, you will be added to the list and you will receive a payment receipt. There are absolutely no refunds so please be sure that you are taking the bus when you come and pay.
Reserving a space on the bus is not the same as registering for the retreat. You still need to register online.
Please make your reservation and payment by coming to the Office of the Academic Dean.
Reservations must be made IN PERSON with Jennifer Parris in the Academic Dean’s Office. We WILL NOT hold a seat over the phone.
Please email Jennifer Parris at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Bus departs on Friday, February 8, 2019 at 3:00 P.M. sharp from the main entrance of The Interchurch Center, at 61 Claremont Avenue, New York, NY 10115 (between 119th and 120th Street).
Bus returns on Saturday, February 9, 2019 (around 3:00 P.M. – 3:30 P.M.) from Stony Point Center to 61 Claremont Avenue immediately after the Closing Worship.
For more information about Retreat email: email@example.com
Public Bus: Take Red and Tan Lines from New York City Port Authority Terminal at 41st Street and Eighth Avenue. Ticket must be purchased before boarding bus. Call Stony Point Center before you travel to let them know what time your bus is arriving so they may send someone to pick you up (845-786-5674 or 800-253-4285).
For travel on Friday: Buy ticket to Stony Point. Get off at Stony Point Diner parking lot.
On Saturday: Buy ticket to West Haverstraw. Get off at Dunkin’ Donuts.
From New York City: Cross the George Washington Bridge (upper level), take the PALISADES PARKWAY NORTH to Exit 15, then follow the directions below “From the Palisades Parkway Exit 15.”
Travel time from New York City can be as little as 45 minutes, depending on traffic and point of origin. We recommend allowing a full hour; or an hour and a half to two hours in rush hour traffic.
From the North: Take the New York State Thruway (I-87) South to Exit 16 (Harriman), go East on Route 6 (the first exit after the toll gate, left onto 32, then left onto Route 6 East) to the PALISADES PARKWAY SOUTH to Exit 15. Then follow the directions below “From the Palisades Parkway Exit 15.”
From the South: Take the New Jersey Turnpike (I-95) North to the PALISADES PARKWAY NORTH to Exit 15, OR take the Garden State Parkway onto the New York State Thruway (I-87) toward the Tappan Zee Bridge. Take Exit 13N onto the PALISADES PARKWAY NORTH to Exit 15. Then follow the directions below “From the Palisades Parkway Exit 15.”
From the East: Take I-95 South onto I-287, cross the Tappan Zee Bridge, take exit 13N onto the PALISADES PARKWAY NORTH to Exit 15. Then follow the directions below “From the Palisades Parkway Exit 15.”
From the West: Take I-80 East to I-287 onto the New York State Thruway (I-87) toward the Tappan Zee Bridge. Take Exit 13N onto the PALISADES PARKWAY NORTH to Exit 15, then follow the directions below “From the Palisades Parkway Exit 15.”
From the Palisades Parkway Exit 15: Follow the arrow for Stony Point; drive 2 miles on Route 210 (also called RC 106 East) to the traffic light. Turn left onto Reservoir Drive. Turn right at stop sign; take your first left onto Cricketown Road; drive about 200 yards. Entrance to Stony Point Center is on the left.