- Academic Programs
- NYTS Faculty
- The NYTS Mentoring for Thriving in Ministry in the City Program
- Academic Policies
- continuing education
- Korean Language Programs
- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Give to NYTS
- Contact NYTS
Trinity Baptist Church is searching for a Director of Youth Ministry. The position is part-time with the potential for advancement.
The Director of Youth Ministry will coordinate events and lead services for grades 6th – 12th and promote spiritual growth through study, prayer, and fellowship while fostering a sense of community among volunteer youth leaders, parents, and students.
Trinity Baptist Church, led by Pastor Brian Newby, is located at 250 East 61st Street, New York, NY 10065. Please feel free to view our website at www.trinityny.org.
Director Jonathan Hine will be interviewing for this position.
Please feel free to email Jobs@TrinityNY.org if you wish to apply.
Director of Youth Ministry
Scope: Plan, develop, and execute the youth ministry at Trinity Baptist Church
Ministry/Dept.: Youth Ministry
Supervisor: Lead Pastor
Supervises: Volunteer Leaders
Employee Type: TBD
Schedule: Sunday – Thursday, Variable As Needed
Environment: Church campus/Community
• Create, plan, and oversee youth services for 6 – 12th grades that are both attractional and discipleship focused.
• Recruit, interview, shepherd, and encourage adult volunteer leaders who are fully invested in the lives of our students.
• Create an atmosphere of community with volunteer leaders, meeting regularly and consistently.
• Target and disciple individuals and small groups through various personal interactions and activities.
• Meet with and coach students as needed.
• Communicate consistently, clearly, and proactively with all ministry participants regarding ministry objectives and events.
• Provide opportunities that offer encouragement and enrichment for parents.
• Organize and direct seasonal events such as: fall/winter retreat, discipleship weekends, mission trips, etc.
• Create a cohesive connection and involvement for the youth in church-wide events such as Easter or the Fall Kick-Off.
• Develop spiritual life through study, prayer and fellowship.
• Develop and execute an annual ministry plan and budget.
• Develop professionally on a continuing basis by attending conferences, reading relevant literature and connecting with
other ministers in the area.
• Engage in routine staff meetings, planning sessions, and evaluations.
• Lead in other ministry areas as directed by the Lead Pastor.
• Growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and as Lord.
• Active attendance and participation at Trinity Baptist Church.
• Gifted Bible teacher with ability to communicate biblical truth to students in a relevant, engaging manner.
• Outgoing personality and strong people skills with an ability to relate to all ages in general and students in particular.
• Respect for parents and their role in their children’s lives.
• Able to work cooperatively as a team-player with all members of the church staff.
• Basic Microsoft Office, social media, and computer skills.
Download this description as a PDF HERE.