- Prospective Students
- Degree Programs
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Care & Counseling
- Master of Arts in Religious Education
- Master of Arts in Youth Ministry
- Master of Arts in Religious Leadership and Administration
- Master of Professional Studies
- Doctor of Ministry
- Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE)
- Certificate in Christian Ministry
- Certificate Program in Islamic Studies
- Vocational Discernment
- International Students
- Applications & Forms
- Financial Aid
- Tuition & Fees
- Scholarships & Awards
- Visit NYTS
- Degree Programs
- Current Students
- Academic Resources
- Contact NYTS
- Give to NYTS
Dr. Insook Lee
Office Phone: 212) 870-1230
- BA Sogang University, Seoul, Korea
- MA Sogang University, Seoul, Korea
- EdS University of Georgia
- MDiv, ThM, ThD Columbia Theological Seminary, Atlanta, Georgia.
- Presbyterian Church of U.S.A
Insook Lee is Associate Professor of Pastoral Care and Counseling and Director of Master of Arts in Pastoral Care and Counseling (MAPCC) at New York Theological Seminary.
Her research interests include Asian/Asian-American feminist pastoral theology, multiple religious identities, intercultural pastoral care and counseling, and Zen meditation and pastoral care. Among her published articles are “Korean Women’s Relationality: Jeong and Its Implication to Pastoral Care and Counseling,” “Aggression in Korean American Women,” and “Zen Meditation and Pastoral Psychotherapy.” She is also a contributor of the articles to the series of Feasting on the Gospels: A Feasting on the Word Commentary.
She is Certified Fellow in American Association of Pastoral Counselors (AAPC) and serves on the Board of Directors of AAPC. She is a member of Society for Pastoral Theology (SPT) and serves on its Steering Committee. She also serves on the Editorial Board of Journal of Pastoral Theology (JPT).
She is an ordained minister of Word and Sacrament in the Presbyterian Church, U.S.A. and served on the Board of Presbyterian Multicultural Network (PMN).