- Prospective Students
- Academic Programs
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Care & Counseling
- Master of Arts in Religious Education
- Master of Arts in Youth Ministry
- Master of Arts in Religious Leadership and Administration
- Master of Professional Studies
- Doctor of Ministry
- Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE)
- Certificate in Christian Ministry
- Certificate Program in Islamic Studies
- Certificate Program in Ministry and Leadership
- Certificate Program in Convergence Studies
- Certificate Program in Radical Inclusion Studies
- Vocational Discernment
- International Students
- Applications & Forms
- Financial Aid
- Tuition & Fees
- Scholarships & Awards
- Visit NYTS
- Academic Programs
- Current Students
- Academic Resources
- Contact NYTS
- Give to NYTS
Rev. Dr. Keith A. Russell
Office phone: 212-870-1201
- Sioux Falls College
- Colgate Rochester Divinity School
- New York Theological Seminary
- American Baptist
Keith A. Russell, an American Baptist pastor, has been engaged in urban ministry in New York City and beyond since 1967. He joined the NYTS faculty in 1978 as Dean of Parish Ministry Programs while serving as a pastor in Brooklyn. In 1982 he was elected President of NYTS and served in that post until 1992. After retiring as President he directed the DMin program and continued teaching preaching until 1997.
In 1997, Dr. Russell was elected President of American Baptist Seminary of the West in Berkeley, California. He served as president and Professor of Pastoral Theology at ABSW until 2008. On his retirement he was elected Professor Emeritus of Pastoral Theology.
In 2008 Dr. Russell returned to NYTS at the invitation of President Dale T. Irvin to administer the Doctor of Ministry Programs and to serve as a professor of Ministry Studies.
A graduate of Sioux Falls College (1964), Colgate Rochester Divinity School (1967), and New York Theological Seminary (1970) (1976), Dr. Russell was the Editor-in-Chief of The Living Pulpit. In 1992 Dr. Russell was awarded an honorary degree (DD) by NYTS.
Dr. Russell is a regular teacher and preacher in churches throughout the New York City Region.