- Prospective Students
- Academic Programs
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Care & Counseling
- Master of Arts in Religious Education
- Master of Arts in Religious Leadership and Administration
- Master of Arts in Youth Ministry
- Master of Professional Studies
- Doctor of Ministry
- Certificate Program in Ministry and Leadership
- Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE)
- CASAC Program
- Vocational Discernment
- International Students
- Applications & Forms
- Financial Aid
- Tuition & Fees
- Scholarships & Awards
- Visit NYTS
- Academic Programs
- Current Students
- Academic Resources
- Contact NYTS
- Give to NYTS
Online Theological and Religion Resources
- Dictionary of Theological Terms Alistar McGrath for Wiley. My students are always asking for a list of theological terms. Here is one.
- Free Journal List Maintained by ATLA
Few journals on this list will be useful for theological study
- Google Scholar
Google scholar searches only indexed academic articles on the web. Most journals in Bible or theology are indexed in ATLA.
- Online Theology-Related Periodicals
This excellent site provides links to many theological journals, many of which are available free online. Some of them are available in printed form by subscription; others are exclusively electronic. This site is maintained by Elizabeth T. Knuth at St. John’s School of Theology Seminary.
- Religion Online More than 6,000 articles and chapters. Topics include Old and New Testament, Theology, Ethics, History and Sociology of Religion, Communication and Cultural Studies, Pastoral Care, Counseling, Homiletics, Worship, Missions and Religious Education.
- Religious Studies Web Guide
This site at the University of Calgary, in Canada, is maintained by Saundra Lipton, and contains a large number of electronic journals that in several areas of religious study.
- The Wabash Center Wabash Center Religious Electronic Journals provides one of the most extensive sets of resources in Religion and Theology
- Scholarly Electronic Publishing Bibliography
A wide range of English language articles available online. Maintained by Charles W. Bailey, Jr.
- Google Books provides access to over 6 million text-searchable eBooks. Access ranges from downloadable PDF file for out-of-copyright books to partial view for in-copyright. Even with only “Snippets,” this is a very useful site for checking citations.
- OpenLibrary offers over 1 million free full-text books, scanned from university libraries, but the catalog is editable and additional works can be added. Books that have the icon Daisy are available to people with visual or reading disabilities through the Library of Congress BARD program.
- Archive.org is one of the largest repositories of documents on the Internet and serves as the archive of Web pages and documents for the Library of Congress. Texts are found at http://www.archive.org/details/texts
Dissertatons, DMin theses, Masters theses
- PQDT Open A free limited library of Proquest Dissertations. One of the great treasures on the web.
- Proquest Dissertations Abstracts The premier search database of Dissertations and theses. Pricey. If you are in the Burke Library, can download PDF.
- Dallas Theological Seminary Selected DMin Dissertations in downloadable format.
- Theological Research Exchange Network (TREN) theological thesis/dissertation titles representing research from as many as 139 different institutions downloadable at very inexpensive rates
Online Sources of Early and Medieval Church Primary Documents
- Christian Classics Ethereal Library (CCEL) at http://www.ccel.org. Includes the full text of the 38 volume Ante-Nicene, Nicene and Post-Nicene Church Fathers edited by Phillip Schaff at http://www.ccel.org/fathers.html, as well as the additional texts in translation, edited by Roger Pearse at http://www.ccel.org/ccel/pearse/morefathers/files/morefathers.html
- Early Christian Writings. A vast number of primary early church documents in New Testament, Apocrypha, Gnostics, Church Fathers and Other in the original language and translation at http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/ Use in combination with Ruslan Khazar.
- Early Church and Patristics at ntgateway.com Early Church Fathers – Additional Text
Difficult to find text that is not included in the published Church Fathers
- Guide to Early Church Documents – Internet Christian Library
Documents relating to the early church, including canonical documents, creeds, the writings of the Apostolic Fathers and other historical texts relevant to church history.
- Internet Medieval Sourcebook Fordham University. A beautiful and extremely complete selection of important Church Documents. It is so good that you may never use another.
- New Advent: The Fathers of the Church An extensive listing of primary documents from the early patristic age. Documents of the 38 Volume Schaff church fathers are divided by author for easier access. To properly cite check the Source information at the bottom of the page.
- Ruslan Khazarzar, http://khazarzar.skeptik.net/books/ Russian site with an impressive number of Greek and Hebrew writings, including hard to find authors, such as Philo. May be helpful to turn Google translation on (Right click and select Translate to English). To navigate, open one screen of Greek text and another screen of the translation from Early Christian Writing on the Web
- Yale Avalon Project Important source of documents on ancient and modern diplomacy and law, including religious. Is easier to search from the Internet.