- Prospective Students
- Degree Programs
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Care & Counseling
- Master of Arts in Religious Education
- Master of Arts in Youth Ministry
- Master of Arts in Religious Leadership and Administration
- Master of Professional Studies
- Doctor of Ministry
- Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE)
- Certificate in Christian Ministry
- Vocational Discernment
- International Students
- Applications & Forms
- Financial Aid
- Tuition & Fees
- Scholarships & Awards
- Visit NYTS
- Degree Programs
- Current Students
- Academic Resources
- Contact NYTS
- Give to NYTS
Online Theological Resources
- Online Theology-Related Periodicals
This excellent site provides links to many theological journals, many of which are available free online. Some of them are available in printed form by subscription; others are exclusively electronic. This site is maintained by Elizabeth T. Knuth at St. John’s School of Theology Seminary.
- Religious Studies Web Guide
This site at the University of Calgary, in Canada, is maintained by Saundra Lipton, and contains a large number of electronic journals that in several areas of religious study.
- The Wabash Center Wabash Center Religious Electronic Journals provides one of the most extensive sets of resources in Religion and Theology
- Dictionary of Theological Terms Alistar McGrath for Wiley. My students are always asking for a list of theological terms. Here is one.
- Google Books provides access to over 6 million text-searchable eBooks. Access ranges from downloadable PDF file for out-of-copyright books to partial view for in-copyright. Even with only “Snippets,” this is a very useful site for checking citations.
- Open Content Alliance not only offers over 1 million free full-text books, scanned from university libraries, but the catalog is editable and additional works can be added. The texts are found at http://www.archive.org/details/texts
- Project Gutenberg was one of the first major efforts to scan libraries and offers over 30,000 eBooks.
Digital Resources in Original Language
- Christian Classics Ethereal Library is a digital library of hundreds of classic Christian books in their original language and translation. In addition, it includes lexicons, such as Liddell Scott.
- ForEast is a meta-site of free Korean, Japanese, and Chinese digital resources.
- Hebrew Books offers over 15,000 .pdf books in Hebrew.
- Pitt Latin American Series offers full-text of many books in the series that is available free on the web.
Free Online Journals
- Free Journal List Maintained by ATLA
Few journals on this list will be useful for theological study
- Electronic Journals and Periodicals in Psychology and Other Fields
Maintained by Hanover college. A broad range of Journals and Periodicals in many psychology, psychiatry and sociology.
- Scholarly Electronic Publishing Bibliography
A wide range of English language articles available online. Maintained by Charles W. Bailey, Jr.
- Google Scholar
Google scholar searches only indexed academic articles on the web. Most of the hits will be either books or journals to which you may not have access. However, most journals in Bible or theology are indexed in ATLA from the New York Public Library.
Online Directories and Organization of Resources
- Carrot2 Clustering Engine(www.carrot2.org):
search engine does not determine the quality of information, but “clusters” the results in categories according to “subject.” This provides for a more focused search
- Google Directory (http://directory.google.com/)
Sites are selected by librarians as well as Google PageRank. The information is gathered by ODP (Open Directory Project), an exciting development at http://www.dmoz.org/. Sites are organized by category.
- Wabash Center Internet Guide to Religion(www.wabashcenter.wabash.edu/resources/guide_headings.aspx)
Wabash cite is one of the most outstanding religious resources on the Internet. This guide organizes religion and theology by subject.
Dissertatons, DMin theses, Masters theses
- Proquest Dissertations Abstracts The premier search database of Dissertations and theses. Pricey. If you are in the library, can download PDF.
- Dallas Theological Seminary Selected DMin Dissertations in downloadable format.
- Theological Research Exchange Network (TREN) 21,535 theological thesis/dissertation titles representing research from as many as 139 different institutions downloadable at very inexpensive rates
Additional Online Resources
- Centre for the Study of Christianity in Asia, Singapore, Trinity Theological College provides full text, bibliographies, and links to help scholars studying Christianity in Asia.
- ATLA Cooperative Digital Resources Initiative (CDRI) includes thousands of images of sacred art, architecture and portraits scanned by American Theological Library Association libraries.
- International eText Projects (Linkping Univ.) Contains archives and journals from major libraries. Try going onto the British Library and read the ancient Sinaiticus text of the Bible.The World Council of Churches has a rich treasure of document related to the WCC.
- Catholic Internet Theology Resources Provided by Saint Johns Seminary, the site is especially interesting because of the documents that are in Spanish and Portuguese. Roman Catholic
NYTS Citation and Formatting
- Purdue Online Writing Lab Foornote and Bibliography Guide
Purdue Online Writing Lab. Examples from Chicago Style 16th Edition/Turabian 6th Edition.
- eTurabian Citation Generator
- This brilliant tool produces both footnotes and bibliography entries in Turabian format. It does not check for errors, so all entries should be checked for accuracy. Citations that are created in eTurabian never trump the citation requirements of Turabian or the formatting requirements of NYTS.
MDiv Document Format
MAPCC Capstone Format
DMin Document Format
- 2014 2015 DMin Formatting Guide DMin Formatting Requirements for the DMin Project, containing citation information.
- 2014 2015 DMin Proposal Formatting Guide: 2014-2015 in addition to an example of project format.
- Sample_Copyright_Permission_Letter: Sample form to send publishers for usage of large amounts of information in Doctor of Ministry Projects, such as sections from books, hymns, poems, etc.
- Foonote Style: Instructions for the creation of a proper footnote style in Word