- Prospective Students
- Academic Programs
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Care & Counseling
- Master of Arts in Religious Education
- Master of Arts in Youth Ministry
- Master of Arts in Religious Leadership and Administration
- Master of Professional Studies
- Doctor of Ministry
- Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE)
- Certificate in Christian Ministry
- Certificate Program in Islamic Studies
- Certificate Program in Ministry and Leadership
- Certificate Program in Convergence Studies
- Certificate Program in Radical Inclusion Studies
- CASAC Program
- Vocational Discernment
- International Students
- Applications & Forms
- Financial Aid
- Tuition & Fees
- Scholarships & Awards
- Visit NYTS
- Academic Programs
- Current Students
- Academic Resources
- Contact NYTS
- Give to NYTS
Certificate Program in Ministry and Leadership
The Certificate Program in Ministry and Leadership (CPML) provides an introduction to theological disciplines, cross-cultural, ethics leadership and administration of the church for laity, as well as ordained or lay ministers, and other concerned Christians who are currently involved or interested in ministry. This is a unique and dynamic learning experience because of the rich diversity of participants in the program. Our students are Christians, young and old, from all walks of life and different denominations. Some have had limited educational opportunities, while others have college or advanced degrees. Classes are currently offered at Stelton Baptist Church in Edison, NJ, only.
The program is designed for those who want to be more effective in their ministries. It also offers excellent preparatory experiences for men and women who are uncertain about their ministerial goals. The two-year course of study is divided into four semesters. Attendance is required to a retreat in the spring and fall annually. It is possible to obtain transfer credits upon completion of the Certificate Program by enrolling in certain colleges with which New York Theological Seminary has made specific arrangements. Other colleges and universities may also give credit for this program at their discretion. We also offer the complete program Online (download the forms from www.nyts.edu).
For a list of Certificate Program Sites, please visit www.nyts.edu/CPSites.
- To provide opportunities for ministers and church workers to grow in understanding of the Christian faith, with particular emphasis on the Bible.
- To assist students in examining and exploring new ways of sharing their faith.
- To provide training in the basic skills needed for urban ministry.
|Year One||Year Two|
|Old Testament (12 sessions)||Church Administration (12 sessions)|
|Biblical Exegesis (12 sessions)||Church History (12 sessions)|
|New Testament (12 sessions)||Pastoral Care (6 sessions)|
|Cross-cultural Leadership (12 sessions)||Introduction to Preaching (6 sessions)|
|Christian Ethics for Leadership (6 sessions)|
|Evangelism for the 21st Century (6 sessions)|
|Writing for Theology (Intensive in June for students who need writing skills)|
Download this flyer as a PDF HERE.