The Certificate in Ministry and Leadership program (CML) is a two-year non-degree rigorous but dynamic course of studies that provide a basic and formal academic-biblical-spiritual and theological education suitable for both lay and ordained faith leaders of all denominations.
Classes are offered in the classroom setting in English and Spanish throughout the Metropolitan area and other urban locations, also in New Jersey, and online in both English and Spanish. Most of our sites hold classes on Saturdays, and other sites during the weekdays in the evenings or in intensive formats as well. Click here for list of sites.
Our curriculum covers the basic theological disciplines of Biblical, historical, theological and practical studies, and graduates of our NYTS degree programs teach many of the Certificate Program classes. Some sites are identified with specific denominations or theological traditions, but the program in all its locations seeks to engage the rich diversity of the broader Christian movement in an open mind and spirit.
WHAT DO WE DO?
We train, capacitate and equip lay leaders, adult women and men with the necessary tools for practical ministry.
Our curriculum is tri-fold and consists of courses in Bible, Christian Thought and Tradition, and Ministry.
Fall courses: Old Testament and Biblical Exegesis, at some sites, and Christian Education and Church History, at others.
Spring courses: New Testament and Intro Theology at some sites; and Pastoral Care & Counseling; Preaching, Christian Ethics and World Christianity, and others.
WHAT IS GREAT ABOUT US?
- 120 years of history and experience training and sending leaders to minister to the world
- We are interdenominational- More than 57 denominations represented in our student body
- The Bible is at the Center of our teaching
- Affordable tuition
- Accessible and convenience: Click here for list of sites
- Fully available online in English/Spanish
- Partnerships with several colleges and universities of NY and NJ who grant credit towards the bachelor’s degree. Click here for info.
HOW TO APPLY
We welcome applications from women and men who possess a high school diploma or its equivalent, who seek to increase in both biblical literacy and spiritual understanding, and who desire to be better prepared for ministry. No application fee is required.
Please download the NYTS Application Form, complete the application packet and provide a passport size photograph, proof of immunization records for MMR (if born on or after 1/1/57), write a spiritual autobiography and submit completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHY IS NYTS RIGHT FOR YOU?
- We are Inter denominational
- Classes in English and Spanish
- Convenient schedules and locations
- Online classes in both English/Spanish
- Advanced standing credits towards the bachelor’s degree at the completion of the program
- Advance standing towards the Master of Divinity at NYTS
ADVANTAGES OF THE CML
- Apply what you learn to your ministry and daily life.
- The opportunity to continue your academic advancement at the undergraduate or degree levels.
- Increases your credibility and opens doors for ministerial skilled positions within your church
- Empower you to empower others to come and journey with us at NYTS