New York Public Library Access
Anyone who goes to school in New York State is eligible for a New York Public Library (NYPL) library card. Students may either register for a card online or get one at any branch or Research Library in Manhattan, the Bronx or Staten Island
- For Online Registration, visit nypl.org.
- Fill out the online registration form
- Students who meet the requirements for a card, but who do not reside in New York State, will need to send a copy of his/her NYTS student identification along with another valid ID; (see http://www.nypl.org/help/library-card/terms-conditions)
- Physical Registration
- Go to any Manhattan, Bronx, or Staten Island branch or research library
- At the front desk, fill out a library card form
- Present a valid form of identification; (see http://www.nypl.org/help/library-card/terms-conditions). Students who live outside of New York state must present their NYTS ID card as well as an identification showing the place of residence.
Accessing Online Databases from the New York Public Library:
Go to www.nypl.org
- Select Research
- In Collections, Select Articles and Databases
- At the Database title/description type Academic Search Premier
- Select Academic Search Premier from the list
- Type in the 14 digit code on the back of your library card
- Type your 14 digit code again and your PIN number, which you created when you got your library card. (If you do not have a PIN, go to any branch of the NYPL and they will create it for you).
- At the Ebscohost screen (Academic Search Premier is an Ebscohost database), select Choose Databases
- Select ATLA Religion Database with Atlas Serials and OK